OK, next on things to learn to use on the web is the URL Shortener with Tracker.
An absolute essential service for the internet professional.
For now, this is just a place holder on articles I found useful on the subject. The two articles that ranks the various services are (as of October 2011):
which suggest that the top service is cli.gs. However, that service refuse to allow me to create a login just now.
which suggested that tr.im is the best, but bit.ly is what the author actually uses.
The feature lists to lookout for are:
- short URL
- re-type-able URL (http://bit.ly/oExwOi is not re-type-able, but http://cli.gs/tn70wv is, note: no CAPS)
- custom URL (you can explicitly ask for http://cli.gs/indomog)
- integration with your favorite twitter client
- Aggregrate tracking summary
- Country of Origin
- Browser Spec
- Referrer URL
- Private statistic (statistic is only view-able by creator of URL)
- Public statistic (statistic is accessible by all)